Tuesday, October 26, 2010

2010 Golden Leaf Winner Evil's Witness

Cursor..

I'm posting early this week for two reasons. One, my son is getting married to a wonderful girl. I can't wait to call this young woman, who has been my daughter's best friend for eight years, daughter. Their marriage is really meant to be. Maybe next week, I'll share a picture or two. She is going to be so beautiful. And son... well, I made him. He's gourgous.

The second reason for posting early is in the title. This past weekend Evil's Witness won the 2010 NJ Golden Leaf award for 'Best First Book'. The judges, I understand, were booksellers, librarians and readers groups. I'm so thrilled and honored. I can't tell you how much.

There were a lot of reasons for me to remember this conference. I got to hook up with a four of my Ruby Slippered Sisters (2009 Golden Heart finalists). They are truly a special part of my life. I saw many old friends and had great conversations over drinks and dinner, and I made new friends. I hope they all become old friends as time goes on.

The workshops were awesome. The special breakfast and luncheon speakers, Sharon Sala and Robyn Carr were inspiring. I think I did well with agents. We'll see how things pan out. And the booksigning held afterwards was a dream come true for me.

Now, with my toes finally finding the ground, I'm diving into the first round edits which hit my email upon my return.

If you can possible attend a conference, go. Being around others who understand why you talk to no one phyiscally in the room or on the phone, is truly like walking among the stars.

Please stop back Friday when I welcome guest Sherry Gloag, author of BRAT. Love that title.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Autumn,

    Congrats on your award and your new daughter-in-law! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award. And hope you have a fabulous time at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete