Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ten Days and Counting

Cursor.. Cursor.
If you’re stopping by today you must be caught up on your holiday preparations. Good for you. Or, if you’re like me, you’re just chasing your breath. Whatever reason I’m glad you did.

Holidays are a time for family and friends, but with all we seemingly have to do it seems we have little time to spend with the family and friends. Let me tell you a secret, one that will help relieve the stress your feeling. The family and friends will never know or notice what you didn’t get done. They will see all that you did do and will rejoice your efforts.

So this year, I’m baking a limited amount of Christmas cookies and not the piles I normally do. There are always so many left over and I’m the one who eats as many I can before feeding to the birds and deer.

Gifts are numbered this year too.
Everyone will get a wrapped gift, the rest are going into bags or card gifts.

Christmas breakfast will be a crockpot of cream chipped beef which can be made days before and my children love. Christmas dinner went from sit down to buffet, again with many dishes prepared day before. Dishes that are familiar. The holidays are about home.

And, I’m actually thinking of making it a ‘Come home in your sweats or PJ day’.

My family will be fed and have gifts and non-stressed mother. They will be happy!

So do you have any time-saving hints or recipes for this holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment