Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ah 1 And Ah 2

January is a depressing month for many. Some of you might've cried cabin-fever as soon as the ball dropped in Times Square. If you’re one of the millions who each year suffers from SAD or cabin-fever, would you love not to? I know your answer is yes.

I love winter. I love everything about it except the darkness. I really don't know how those living in the north hemisphere can handle twenty hours of darkness.

As much as I love winter, my body does tend to slow down and if I don't get moving, my mind says, “Okay, if you’re not going to move, I might as well rest too.” Not good for a writer. Not good for anyone really.


I didn’t want to shut down this year and then have to play catch-up, so on January first I sat some pretty aggressive goals for 2014. To make those goals, I had to move and move I did.

I began to dance in the morning for twenty minutes as a form of exercise. I love to dance. So the minute my feet hit the floor, I’m struttin’ my stuff to any beat I want. In a week, my energy level soared.

If you don’t believe me that dancing works, here are some articles verifying the benefits of shaking your booty. Check them out.

http://www.aarp.org/health/fitness/get_motivated/lets_dance_to_health.html

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/belly-dancing/AN01491

What is great about dancing is you don’t need a video or a special piece of equipment. Just crank up the radio and dance. And dance in the sunlight. Dance your way through January and February.

Do you have a way to fend off SAD or cabin fever you’d like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment