Wednesday, November 1, 2017

I'm A Torn Woman

I’m a torn woman. I’m torn between two men at the moment, fictional of course. One being Ross Poldark (PBS series Poldark). I fell for Ross over a year ago. After watching season one of Poldark, it took me all of two seconds to buy season two so that I could binge watch it. I nearly died waiting for the next episodes to air. Now, I’m into season three, watching an episode a week, and waiting for the next show is killing me.

Of course, Britain’s Captain Ross is tall, dark and handsome, but he is also strong, brave and has a compassionate heart. He is the man who will give his last loaf of bread to your family so that they will survive and will wait to hunt food for himself. He is a hero. His roots are set and he loves his family and friends he will die to protect them. I sigh thinking of him.



The second man is one I recently found after a dear friend and fellow author, Rita Henuber, insisted that I watch Outlander (STARZ series). His name is James Faser. The Scotsman’s quick wit, adorable smile, hard-muscled built, fearlessness, and sensitive heart won me over way before season one episode seven, ‘The Wedding.’ (CAUTION that episode is smokin’)

Both story lines are wonderful, filled with a cast of life-like secondary characters whose human weaknesses and strengths cause layers and layers of conflicts. There is also rivalry between nations in each. And then there is love. Love of country, friends, family, and if your romantic they’re plenty of those scenes too.
I love watching sagas like these. I can’t imagine writing them, but I love them never the less. I’ve even started to watch the first seasons over again, so that I can learn more about character development. I haven’t read any of the books for either series, but I plan to study them also.

If you’re looking for a good series to watch, I would recommend either of these.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment