Friday, September 25, 2009

An S Curve AT 100 MPH

Cursor… Cursor…

Have you ever gone on a ride through an S curve at one-hundred MPH?

Life can seem like that dangerous feat sometimes. You’re going along at a nice steady pace, the sun is shining on you, the temperature is perfect and, well, life is just grand. Then out of no where, others surround you. They’re passing you as if you’re standing still. They’re behind you, urging you to get out of their way. Naturally your instinct for self-preservation kicks in and like the blood rushing through your veins you pick up speed, ignoring the possibility you might make mistakes and put yourself in danger.

With fists clenched, you hang on as you sped forward, trying to keep up-get ahead. Realizing you’re headed in the wrong direction, your whole being quakes and you swerve to keep on track. You bump against others and the walls of kismet. You get knocked around and within a short time your ego is bruised. You’re battered. And the destination you were headed toward no longer has the sparkle it had when you started out on your journey. Slowly you make it to the sidewalk of life and stop. What to do?

First, realize getting off the fast track was the smart thing to do. Second, zooming is not meant for everyone. Third, taking your time doesn’t mean you will never make your destination. You will, and you’ll enjoy the journey much more if you strive toward it on your own terms. So relax, set your goal, work at it at your own pace, believe in yourself and enjoy the ride!


As a side note: My Ruby Slippered Sisters are blogging at http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com
They're offering great words of wisdom. Please stop by.

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Autumn! You mean we aren't supposed to zig-zag about, getting whiplash on a daily basis, and stay so stressed we never get anywhere and certainly don't enjoy the ride?!?!? :)

    Thanks for reminding us we all need to slow down and enjoy the ride on occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ?#?#%? That's right. Take it from one who has stepped on the gas a few times. Hey, Kim. Thanks for stopping by. I know how busy you are.

    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always in the slow lane. Slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I liked you, Kelly. I wish I could say I've never gone into that fast lane, but...sigh... I have. Hopefully in the future, when I get pushed, I'll just pull to the side and let the others rush by.

    Thanks for stopping by, lady.

    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always on in first gear. I drive better in my life if I take my time. Even at writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog, AJ! :-)

    Reminds me of something one of my boss's said to me the other day. We are all like cars. The way we handle our fears defines what type of car we are. Are you a sedan or a sports car? :-)

    <3Nisha/Tess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I have the sports package. I have remind myself not all the roads I drive are the track. LOL. Thanks for stopping by, Tess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn, I like your words of wisdom. It seems like I should stop zooming right and left and relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete