Can you believe one-quarter of the year has passed? I’m in awe of how fast time as sped by. I’m in the Northeast of USA and even though Old man Winter tried his best yesterday to hang on to us, New-Boy-In-Town Spring is taking over. The clouds are breaking up.(YES! There is a sun.) The grass is much greener. Flowers are popping open in the beds, and the buds of the tree are so plump they’re going to spit leaves any minute.
This year I was astounded at how many groups, loops and blogs posted messages concerning goal setting. It seemed every keystroke I found other author offering up advice on how to set goals in many different areas and attain them. Through a personal friend, I joined an on-line support loop for health. It’s been great. I’ve learned new ways to eat and exercise. I’ve received support on those days when I thought I couldn’t do this and I’ve given support to those having weak moments.
Since we reached a milestone in the calendar year, I think it’s time to look at the goals we’ve set for 2010 and evaluate them. Do you have one or two goals you’ve excelled at? If so, why do you think you did? Could it be because that is where your passion lies?
Is there one you now realize was actually an outlandish feat to take on, at least in the time frame you’d set up? Put it on a five year goal plan. Break it down. Replace that initial goal with its baby step.
Are there any or many goals where you’ve haven’t made much process on or even started? Why do you think that these ideas are lacking your enthusiasm? Are they harder, bigger, seen as a chore? They must have been important to you just a short 90days ago to be on your list. If they no longer are scratch them off, but if they are still are important really think hard why you haven’t touched them. Maybe they need to be tweaked. Now is the time to do that. Break them into manageable tidbits on a weekly calendar. Join a group offering support. Tell a friend who you know has complained about the same aspiration and work together.
Please share your frustrations, your accomplishments, your thoughts concerning your January goals. I’d love to cheer you on or help you figure out ways to move forward.
To kick us off these were my goals which I posted in January, and how I fared.
1) I'm going to take more time with friends. I’M DOING GOOD HERE, INCLUDING OUT WITH THE GIRLS TWICE SO FAR THIS YEAR. IT FEELS GOOD TO RECONNECT.
2) I'm going ask myself 'Do I really need this?' before making purchases. ALL THE TIME. I’VE WALKED AWAY 90% OF THE TIME. I STILL HAVE PROBLEM LEAVING ITEMS I THINK MY GRANDCHILDREN WOULD LOVE IN THE STORE.
3) I'm going to declutter the house, starting with the holiday decorations I didn't use in years. OKAY, I ADMIT. I NEED TO WORK HARDER ON THIS ONE. I STARTED OUT GREAT, BUT HAVE SLACKED OFF.
4) I'm going to drink more milk and water, less soda, exercise five times a week for at least thirty minutes and lose 15 pounds. DAY BY DAY. I TRY REALLY HARD TO GET THOSE 8 GLASSES OF WATER AND 3 SERVING OF DAIRY IN EVERY DAY. OUT OF THE 13 WEEKS, 10 WEEKS I KEPT MY PROMISE TO EXERCISE 5 TIMES WEEK. I’M DOWN 9 POUNDS. I WAS DOWN 12, BUT A TRIP ACROSS COUNTRY FOR STEP-SON’S WEDDING ADDED A FEW BACK ON. HEY, YOU GOT TO EAT OUT SOMETIME. GRIN. I THINK I’LL TWEAK THIS GOAL AND UP THE POUNDAGE TO 20. I’D LIKE TO MENTION, I WON’T HAVE LOST AS MUCH AS I DID WITHOUT MY SUPPORT GROUP.
5) I'm going to submit my next book to my editor. WORKING ON THIS. MY READERS FOUND A FEW CHAPTER REWRITES FOR ME TO WORK ON.
6) I'm going to write my another book. ACTUALLY, TOMORROW, I’M STARTING A MONTH LONG WRITING CHALLEGNE WITH ONE OF MY GROUPS. I’LL BE STARTING A NEW PROJECT.
7) I'm going to take three on-line classes. ONE CLASS TAKEN- MARGIE LAWSON’S CLASS WAS AWESOME. AND, I’M LOOKING AT ANOTHER ONE WHICH STARTS TOMORROW HOSTED BY WRITER’S ON-LINE GIVEN BY MY RS SISTER SHEA BERKLEY HERE’S THE LINK http://www.writersonlineclasses.com/?page_id=144
8) I'm going to read ten books outside my genre. I’VE READ TWO. BOTH GREAT BOOKS. I’VE ALSO BROUGHT A HALF DOZEN RS AUTHORS I’VE NEVER READ, SO I’M GOING TO BACK MY INTITNAL GOAL DOWN TO 8. I’D ALSO LIKE TO ADD A CRAFT TO THIS QUARTER.
9) I'm going to continue journaling. (Read my BarTender In The Sky blog) I’D REALLY LIKE TO SPEND MORE TIME HERE.
10) I'm going to take a lesson from my husband, curve my quick tongue and let go of things I have no control overl. THIS ONE TAKES PRACTICE, BUT I’M GETTING BETTER.
OKAY, YOUR TURN.
PS: IF YOU LIKE THE BLOG, PLEASE REMEMBER TO FOLLOW.