Tuesday, June 29, 2010

102 Plot Ideas

Cursor.. Cursor.. Cursor…

I’m a winter person. I truly am. But there is something fabulous about lying next to the pool with an icy glass of lemonade by your side, the scent suntan lotion wafting in the air, listening to oldies from the past and losing yourself in a great book. I cherish those seconds. Yup. You read right, seconds.

My to-be-read pile is going to take a little longer. Life is so busy on the mountain top. We had an early summer here, in PA USA, and it has made for superb swimming. I’ve always had the Kool-aid house. It’s not a complaint. I love having all the kids around. Their smiles and laughter are energizing, and watching the young couples racing after each other, giggling and laughing brings back so many memories of new love. Witnessing all this, how can a romance writer not have a hundred and two plot ideas running through her mind?

The hundred and two plot ideas are my problem. I feel like a kid standing in front of the famed Wegman’s candy wall wondering which morsel I should munch on first. Should I write my next suspense? Or maybe the seaside tale that has been on the backburner for awhile now? Or should I try writing a YA, since I such great material running in and out the door every few minutes? SIGH What to do?
So my question for this week, do you ever run into this problem? And if so, how do you decide what your next project should be? Do you draw plot of a hat? Please share.

Signed : undecided author

PS: If you’re stopping by on June 30th, this is the last day to enter my contest for the $50.00 B&N certificate. Read my June 18th post for details. Winner will be announced tomorrow, July 1st, at noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment