Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Walking Among The Stars

Cursor..

I’m so excited. It’s been over a year since I’ve attended a conference or workshop. This weekend is the New Jersey Romance Writers conference and I’ll be there. Even though, my novel, EVIL’S WITNESS, is up for an award, Golden Leaf Best First Book that is not why I’m excited. Well, okay, I am but there's more. I can’t wait to be surrounded by other writers and learning more about the craft and industry which I love.

I’m sure you understand how it is no matter where your interest lay. When you’re with others who understand your enthusiasm for something, it’s like walking among the stars. I’m eager to meet face to face friends I’ve made online and to see those I haven’t seen in months. I feel like a sponge ready to soak up knowledge in the workshops I already have highlighted on my schedule to attend. I’m also a little nervous about taking an agent appointment, telling her about my new wip and hearing her thoughts on the romantic suspense genre in today’s tight market.

So today, I’ll be tweaking my pitch and getting my books and promo material ready for the book signing which is another reason for me to be excited. This will be my very first RWA conference signing.

God, it’s going to be a blast! If you’re in attendance, please say hi. Have a great weekend everyone and join me again next week for an update. AJ


No comments:

Post a Comment