Sunday, March 6, 2011

Draggers With Dessert

Monday March 7, 2011

Cursor...

If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would you pick?

I was asked this question recently in an interview and I choose an undercover female agent. Okay, the picture isn't of a female, but the hard abs got your attention. Okay, back to the question. Why would I want to dine with a female? Because I love and write romantic suspense novels and one day I’ll write a story with a spy as my heroine. I’d love to know how she really ticks, not just what I assume from watching movies or sitcoms or reading novels.

I’m really curious how anyone can give up their life, walk away from family and friends, and put themselves at risk, living with danger every second. The thought of not talking to my best friend, who is my dear husband BTW, whenever I want, or not being able to be there when a family member or friend desperately needs me makes me say, “No. I don’t think the job is for me.” Holidays would either kill me or I’d blow my cover for sure.

What about children? I know not every woman wants children, but what if she did? So many questions come to my mind concerning that subject.

I also wonder what their long term goals are, or dreams. We all picture ourselves in that far off future to some degree. We’re retired, enjoying activities that we put on hold for decades and just spending our Golden Years as we want, without looking over our shoulders for someone who might recognize us and drag us in for interrogation.

I’m sure as they were growing up, they didn’t think, I want to be a spy one day. Or did they?

I wondered about their schooling and training. How are they paid? Do they get vacation days? And if so, what name do they use?

I have a thousand questions I’d love to have answered, and more would probably surface in my tiny brain before we’d ordered our chocolate mousse. (We are women so chocolate would be involved.)


So, if you could have dinner with anyone who would it be and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment