Friday, May 4, 2012

First Friday Art Walk

The goal of any artist is to touch the soul of another with their work. I'm happy to share the works of the artists that have touched me. I hope you enjoy them too.




Now, it might not be much to many, but this picture means a lot to me. It hung in my grandmother's living room. I remember as a child, during sleepovers, my grandmother and I would stay up to the wee hours and watch the Late Show and then the Late, Late Show. She'd make real cooked chocolate pudding between the two shows. Yum. Looking at this picture, invokes many feelings and really, isn't that what art is suppose to do?




On another wall hangs my Great-Grandfather's confirmation certificate--dated 1857. The document starts many conversations. Again, isn't that what art should do?





This quilt was commission by grandmother and quilted by the women of my church during the 1940s. She gave it to me on my 16th birthday because I loved it so much. No. I was not 16 in the 1940s. LOL Silly.



These plates were made by my mother. She knows I love butterflies.



Want to see more art today? Check at my friends' sites.



Rita_http://www.ritahenuber.com/category/blog/

Liz Talley/Diana Layne_http://blog.dianalayne.com/

Cynthia Justlin_http://www.cynthiajustlin.com/blog

Anne Marie Becker___www.AnneMarieBecker.com


Stop back next Friday to view more of my art.


9 comments:

  1. LOVE the painting. Do you know the artist name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't. It's not marked. It does remind me of a Thomas Kinkade work, but since he was about eight at the time, I doubt it's a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that painting looks very El Greco, doesn't it? I LOVE it He's one of my favorite painters and I loved finally getting to see Toledo when I went to the Met this past summer.

    The quilt is beautiful too. What treasures you have! It was hard for me to choose. I LOVE this brainchild of Rita and want to participate again. I've got lots of show and tell items :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz it reminds me of Thomas Hart Benton. Sounds like we need to take a road trip to Madrid and the Prado. It holds most of El Greco's art.
      We shall do this again next month.

      Delete
    2. I'm still staying with Kinkade. Maybe his mentor?

      Delete
  4. Wow, Autumn! I love how all your pieces have such history. That is very cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yours too! I have a piece coming up that you will appreciate. GRIN.

      Delete
  5. What you said about art invoking feelings is so, so true. I love the story behind your painting, and how it makes you think of special times. When I was growing up, a painting of a clown (close-up on the face, as he was putting on his make-up) hung in the hallway between mine and my sister's rooms. It was kind of spooky, but now it makes me smile to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A clown? Why is it clown's cause such stirrings in us.

      I love your pictures too. I love the SW art. I need a tractor-trailer to bring all I want home with me.

      Delete