Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yeah! It's A Party! Obsessed By WildFire releases today.

Woohooo! Today is the day I’ve dreamt of for so long. My first novel release, OBSESSED BY WILDFIRE is on the cyber-bookshelves at The Wild Rose Press.

OBSESSED BY WILDFIRE is rated HOT! I wish I could make the lettering for HOT red, but blogger doesn’t work that way. Anyway, I didn’t know I could write HOT. My editor thinks I could write erotica. My answer to her is a topic for another blog.




The story, set in the Texas town of Wayback, is about a woman who meets a man who could distract her from her accomplishing her dreams. I love the banter Isobel Trinidad’s emotional conflict causes between her and the sexy fire marshal, Warner Keyson. The couple made me chuckle. By the end of the book, Isobel learns love can make dreams sweeter. Obsessed By Wildfire has all the elements I love in a book. Suspense, a hero that is eye candy and a damn nice guy who also has a sense of humor, and a strong smart heroine. If you love those elements too, pop over to The Wild Rose Press and for less than a cappuccino you can download OBSESSED BY WILDFIRE and have a couple hours of pure entertainment.

Excerpt:

Isobel side-stepped and leaned into the horse. Out of nowhere, the beast pushed Isobel with its large head, knocking her off balance. She stumbled face forward against a pickup.

Warner jumped. Large hoofs pawed. Huge teeth sneered.

The horse was attacking Isobel. Warner’s heart lodged in his throat, cutting off his cry. He rushed forward intending to save her from the beast. How? He didn’t know, but he had to try.

“Giddy-up.” He flung his arms wildly as he ran toward the horse. “Giddy-up out of here.”

Isobel rolled over on the fender. She stared wide-eyed back at him. Oh, God. She looked confused, stunned.

The beast circled, kicking up gravel. The whites of its eyes were phantoms in the night. Its head reared in the air, yanking Isobel’s arm.

Gravel flew as he slid to a stop. The reins were wound around her wrist. If the horse took off, he’d drag Isobel. She’d be seriously hurt.

His chest rose and fell rapidly. Sweat formed on his upper lip. Slowly, Warner lowered his arms. He swallowed hard trying to clear the lump in his throat and to sound calm. “Wait. Don’t run, horsy.”

“Shit, Warner. Are you out of your mind? What are you doing?”

****************************************************************
Me again. I chuckled while writing this scene. If you’d like to read the entire story, and I hope you will, here is the link to The Wild Rose Press home page. http://www.thewildrosepress.com/ Obsessed By Wildfire goes on sale at high noon!

And if you’d like to see a trailer for Obsessed By Wildfire here is a link to that as well. http://www.autumnjordon.com

CONTESTS:

In celebration of my first release, everyone who leaves a comment here this week will have their names dropped into my own Stetson. (Yes, cowgirls wear stetsons too.) From there, on Feb. 3, 2010, I will pick one lucky winner who will recieve a gift certificate to Star Bucks. Also, everyone who emails the correct answers to autumnjordon@yahoo.com with contest answers in the subject line will be entered into a special drawing for a $25.00 B & N certificate.

The winner for the comments will be announced here next Wednesday when the awesome Margie Lawson will be my featured guest.

Finally, I will announce the winner for the three questions contest on Feb. 14, 2010 at 5pm EST. Good luck everyone.

1) What is the name of Isobel's horse?
2) What is the color of Isobel's Taxi?
3) Who did Warner pull his gun on?

LET'S PARTY!

22 comments:

  1. This isn't really anonymous--just an ID issue. It's me, Colleen Shine Phillips. OMG, Autumn!!!!!! This is really a reason to celebrate, girl!!! The scene totally cracked me up. Don't run, horsy???? That is about as good as I would do in a cowboy world. Enjoy your day and revel in your success. All of us over at DSDBAlumni root for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn, congratulations and good luck! This is your day--enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Colleen. Thank you so much for stopping by. I loved that scene. Really I had tears writing it. I hope you enjoy it too!

    (((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, J. Hali. Now I get to see you pretty smile on this blog. Thanks so much for your support, lady. Such a sweetie.

    (((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Autumn - fellow KOD member and Wild Rose Press author - I wanted to send a huge congrats to you on your first release!!

    Enjoy the day and celebrate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Alannah. Even here at work, I'm having a ball. Tonight DH and I are celbrating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your release, Autumn! Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your special day, Autumn! This book sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Lynne. Thanks for stopping by and for the congrats. Let me know if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn --

    I'm absolutely thrilled for you!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. HUGE GRIN. Amanda. Thanks so much for stopping by. (((HUG)) I'm so excited. My sons and daughter are cyber-selling my books to their friends. They keep telling, another sold. It's so exciting. I hoope everyone will love the story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Autumn, and best of luck! Enjoy your special day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Babette, How are you, lady? I'm having a fun day. Leaving work now and will be back on line in a few. Thanks for stopping and wish me luck, which equals sales in our world. LOL

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!!! Sorry, I would have stopped by in the morning but today was crazy busy. I want to wish you all the luck and best for many many more books to come! YEAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

    <3Nisha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, hon. I know how busy you are and I appreciate your support. I can wait until it's your turn. Soon, babe. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is what I get for being on digest -- I missed the party!!! :( Huge congratulations, AJ -- I am so happy for you! It's an amazing feeling, isn't it? Enjoy every second!!!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. No you didn't, Linda. I'm keeping the wine and chocolate flowing all week. I'm so glad you made it. And yes, I'm still on cloud nine, but one of my mentors (Kasey Michaels) said I must work too. Wise woman, so I'm editing. GRIN

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your first release Autumn! I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Steph, Thank you so much. Let me know how you like the story.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well I put my original comment on the wrong blog post (Jan 20). And I call myself computer literate!

    As I said, I'm off to download your first release. Really looking forward to it. Big congratulations! I know you've worked hard for this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, Deb. I won't be enjoying this day if you hadn't kicked me in the pants in Atlanta. Your pep talk gave me the confidence I needed to take my writing to the next level. I will forever be grateful. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete