Sunday, December 11, 2016

Stressed? My Holiday Philosophy

Holidays are a time for family and friends, but with all we have to do it seems there is little time left over to spend with the family and friends. Let me share my philosophy. Hopefully, it will help relieve the stress you're feeling. Your family and friends will never know or notice what you didn’t get done. They will only see all that you did do.

That's it the nugget of gold, so don't stress.

This year, I’m baking a limited amount of Christmas cookies and not the hundreds of dozens I normally do. There are always so many left over, and I’m the one who tries to eat as many as I can before feeding the rest to the birds and deer. I don't need or have time to spend extra minutes on the treadmill.



Everyone will get one wrapped gift this year, so they get that feeling of opening a surprise package but the rest of the gifts are going into bags or are card gifts.

Christmas breakfast will be a crockpot filled with cream chipped beef which can be made days before. Like soup, it always tastes better a few days later.

Christmas dinner will not be the sit down dinner that we had at Thanksgiving. Instead there will be trays of lasagna, which I also will make days before. Desert will be cookies, chocolates, and pumpkin rolls made days before.

Am I being lazy. No. Life is too busy for us all. I don't want to spend it in the kitchen. I'd rather enjoy the family. Memories are made when you're together, not over the internet.

Thank you for stopping by and if you have any time-saving hints or recipes for this holiday, please share

I wish you a stress free holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment