Thursday, May 31, 2018

What Do Writers Like To Do On Their Day Off?



First, I will say I don’t think any writer takes a day off completely. We have characters in our heads that never take a day off, or if they do, another one takes over the chatting. It’s like a senate filibuster taking place in the space between our ears and the only way to get them to shhh is to acknowledge them and give them your attention. I usually ask them questions they have to pondered like, “Why the h*ll would you kill off nice, old Mrs. Petty?” And “How did the rope used to kill her end up the copy of Hitchcock’s novel Rope and does it have a meaning?” They need to have a damn good reason for their actions before talking to me again.

While they ponder, my writer’s cap if off. So, what do I do with myself? My life is similar to yours. Today, I’m off of my day job also-- you know the one that brings in the small but steady paycheck-- I’ve got a long chore list: laundry, a bit of cleaning, grocery shopping with my elderly mother in addition family care and interaction.
I started my day by taking care of me. I took a short walk in the early morning dew/rainy. It really was misty and took this shot of some of my Irises. I love gardening and if all goes well today, I’ll be planting more flowers and some veggies late this afternoon. Then, comes the time I’m praying isn’t stolen from me. Time to grab a cup of tea, put my feet up, and enjoy the book I’m reading now, Gone Girl. Yes, I know it’s been out for years.

So, what are you doing today? What are you enjoying reading? I’m always looking for a good book.



AVAILABLE on AMAZON, B&N, I-Books and Kobo


SEE OUR PRIVACY POLICY click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment